Sunday 17 July 2016

Justin Bieber Slams Fan for Interrupting His Speech With a Gift


There are some celebs I normally refuse to write about. Whatever crazy thing they do or say that makes it into the news, I just let it go because I think It's not worth writing about. But this time I really couldn't hold it back. Why? Because I hate stars who turn on the people who actually represent the foundation of their celebrity status and their main source of income - their fans. And Justin Bieber did just that. 

The 22-year-old singer was holding a speech about about the meaning behind his Purpose tour during a performance in Atlantic City, New Jersey, on Friday nigh, when one of his Beliebers threw a hat on the stage. Now we all know it's not uncommon for fans to throw their idols 'gifts' during stage performances. The artists usually ignore them and just go on with the performance as planned, even though the items are sometimes the weirdest things you could possibly imagine, including vegetables (Lupe Fiasco), mud grass (Green Day), coins (Kanye West), tampons (One Direction), underwear (Tom Jones), and even a sex toy (Adam Lambert). So a hat can actually be considered a nice thing to get from the fans. Unless you're Justin. Then you "probably don’t want that s–t."

"The reason why it’s called the Purpose tour is because I feel like everybody in this building has a purpose," he said. "And though it’s not often that you speak about what your purpose may be or your friend’s purpose may be…and if we could take this moment to listen and try not to give me a hat or whatever you’re trying to throw on stage right now because I probably don’t want that s–t."

As soon as he realized what he'd said, he tried to mend it but honestly what I heard behind his apology was actually another critique towards the fan who pulled him out of "the zone."

"Sorry, that was mean," he went on. "But yeah, now I lost what I was going to say. I was deep into, like, a mode and a zone. I was – I was into it. Now I’m out of it. I’ll get it back. Just give me a second. I just wanted to take this moment to acknowledge the fact that we all have a purpose, that we all have a meaning to life and it’s not, like, we just don’t live to die. And this life is not all struggles."

Dear JB, excuse me, but I beg to differ. For most of us, including your beloved Beliebers, as well as their parents who are regular people with regular jobs and killer mortgages, life is made mostly of struggles. We're not all entitled teenagers who can get away with saying and doing anything just because we're famous and we bathe in money. You don't know what that fan's parents may have had to sacrifice to buy him that hat and then a ticket to your show. And that applies to probably millions of your adorers. So don't dis them so easily just because they wanted to show you how important you are to them. I'm sure the fan who threw the hat never really expected you to pick it up and wear it. Millions of your followers on social networks write to you every day. They know you won't reply them all. They understand that it would be impossible, even if you spent every second of your busy day doing it. Yet that doesn't stop them. They keep doing it because they love you. So instead of being a douche, remember that it's because of their undying love, childish as it may be sometimes, that you get to be the impressive star you are today. For once, grow up, take responsibility for your status and your army of followers, and lead by example. 


No comments:

Post a Comment